Please read carefully the following information.
The links for uploading the presentations have been sent to all speakers. If you have not received an upload link, please contact the congress organisation.
Further technical information for your contribution at the DOG 2021 online can be found as follows:
Your congress participation in nine bullet points
- Create your presentation with voice-over as Powerpoint-file.
- Upload your presentation via the M-Events link. The conversion into a presentation video will be done by M-Events.
- Upload your digital photo .
- Sign the potential conflict of interest form and upload it as well.
- Sessions without fixed time (keynotes, highlights, media library, digital forum): no personal presence required.
- Speakers in moderated live sessions (Symposia, Update, International Expert Talks, Courses and Webseminars) will receive a link to their live session and join for discussion at the time of the session.
- Congress registration is required for participation in sessions for which you are not registered as a speaker. Exception: guests of the DOG.
- Registered participants will receive their access link before the congress starts.
- Contributions for freepaper oral sessions can be recorded in both German and English. All others: Depending on agreement with the organizers.
Overview of the various presentation forms
An overview of the recommended technical requirements as well as detailed step by step instructions for the pre-recording can be found here: Link.
How to pre-record my presentation?
Please note that your presentation video will be played as a whole. It is not possible to stop the presentation e.g. for the purpose of discussion.
How to upload my pre-recorded presentation?
On August 16, 2021 you will receive the speaker mailing including the link to the presentation upload by our technical partner M Events Cross Media GmbH.
Deadline for uploading the pre-recorded presentation for session types Symposia, Free Oral Paper Presentation, DOG-Update, Int. Experts Talks, Courses, Webseminars, Industry Sessions, Forum digital: September 17, 2021
Deadline for upload of Keynote Lectures is August, 30 2021
Which file format should I upload?
Please upload your pre-recorded presentation as pptx-file. Please use 16:9 format for your slides.
How can I review my uploaded presentation(s)?
You can check your presentation by downloading it again after it has gone through the upload conversion process. In case your presentation formatting has changed through the converting process, please contact us: email@example.com
We recommend to listen to your presentation as a whole once it has been completed, paying particular attention to:
– Can the sound be heard clearly/is it complete on each slide?
– Has the specified speaking time/duration been adhered to?
Potential Conflicts of Interest
The DOG strives to ensure in all its activities independence, objectivity and diversity of opinion as well as scientific excellence. To meet this requirement, the DOG Congress expects the speakers of the congress to disclose their financial or other connections with pharmaceutical, biotechnological and medical technology companies, consulting firms and other organizations, for which a conflict of interest cannot be excluded. For lecturers, the embedding of an appropriate slide is mandatory. You will find a master copy of the slides attached or as a download at Conflicts of Interest.
In case a potential conflict of interest exists, please fill in the corresponding arrays in slide 1 and add it at the beginning of your presentation as slide 2. If there is no conflict of interest, please place the 2nd slide. The disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is mandatory for all speakers.
For certification of the congress with the State Medical Association, it is necessary for each speaker to sign a form on potential conflicts of interest. This is to be uploaded with the presentation.
Publication of Scientific Contributions
All abstracts will be published as eSupplement to the journal “Der Ophthalmologe” and are therefore citable. The DOG holds the copyright of accepted scientific contributions. Authors of free papers and posters are therefore obliged to submit their manuscripts for review no later than January 31, 2022 to the editor of “Graefe’s Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology“(manuscripts in English language), “Der Ophthalmologe” (German) or “Klinische Monatsblätter für Augenheilkunde” (German).
Authors, who wish to publish their presentation in another scientific journal, may make an informal request to the Recording Secretary of the DOG. This request shall be sent to the DOG Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating the name of the journal where the publication is planned.